Information We May Collect. ZenniHome LLC ("we," "us" or "our") collects three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices; (2) information about you or your ZenniHome unit (the “Unit”; and (3) information from or about your ZenniHome energy products. Depending on the ZenniHome products and services you request, own or use, not all of these types of information may be collected.
- From or about you or your devices. We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, email, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, email messages or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), including when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our financing offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information and credit relation information. We also may receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
- From other sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers and social media platforms.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a ZenniHome demonstration site, attend one of our events, place an order over the phone or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Digital Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
We retain the information we collect from or about you, our products, and our services for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. When the information is no longer necessary for these purposes, we delete it or keep it in a form that does not identify you. When determining this retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you and retention periods required by law.
We also collect information in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personally identifiable data for any purpose. If we do combine non-personally identifiable data with your personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
- From or about your ZenniHome Unit. We may collect a variety of information from or about your Unit. The type of information collected and processed varies based on your configuration and model. Examples of information collected include:
- Telematics log data: To improve our units and services for you, we may collect certain telematics data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your Unit, including: unit identification number; electrical system functions; software version information; safety-related data; information regarding the use and operation of your Unit; and other data to assist in identifying issues and analyzing the performance of the unit. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Remote analysis data: We may be able to remotely connect to your Unit to diagnose and resolve issues with it, and this process may result in access to personal settings in the Unit, but such access is restricted to a limited number of personnel within ZenniHome and our component product providers.
- Safety analysis data: To help improve our products and services, we may collect and store other Unit data, including: a data report to confirm that your Unit is online together with information about the current software version and certain telematics data; vehicle connectivity information; data about any issues that could materially impair operation of your Unit; data about any safety-critical issues; and data about each software and firmware update. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Service history: To facilitate the servicing of your Unit, we may collect and process data about the service history of each ZenniHome unit, such as the customer’s name, unit identification number and service history.
- From or about your energy products: We may collect a variety of information from or about your ZenniHome energy products or your Unit from you, via a certified installer, from your electric utility or from the installed products, including:
- Energy installation information: We may collect information about your Unit, the configuration of your electric system, your installation date, number of products installed and identification and serial number(s).
- Energy product performance data: To provide and improve our energy products and services, we may collect data regarding where your Unit is installed and how it is configured, data related to the Unit’s use and performance (e.g., usable energy capacity, rated power, and other energy logs), information regarding your home energy consumption and other information relevant to diagnose issues.
- Opting out of Data Sharing: If you no longer wish us to collect performance data or any other data from your Unit’s energy products, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out from the collection of performance data from your Unit energy products, we will not be able to notify you of issues applicable to your energy products in real time. This may result in your energy product suffering from reduced functionality, serious damage, or inoperability, and it may also disable many features of your energy product including periodic software and firmware updates.
How We May Use Your Information. We may use information we collect to: (1) communicate with you; (2) fulfill our products and services; and (3) improve and enhance development of our products and services. This includes contacting you (or other necessary parties) to advise you of important safety-related information, to present products and offers tailored to you or to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for product information, newsletters, or other events.
- To communicate with you. We may use information we collect to communicate with you, including:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events or brochures.
- To set up, evaluate and provide feedback regarding your Unit or the installation of your Unit.
- To advise you of important safety-related information about your Unit or other products.
- From time to time, we may send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Due to this information being important to your interaction with ZenniHome, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
- You can opt out of receiving promotional-related communications at any time.
- To fulfill our products and services. We may use information we collect to provide our products and services, including:
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, including to process your payments, fulfill your requests for product financing, have your order installed or delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- We may use your information, including unit identification number or other product serial number, to verify identity, assist with your request and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use the unit identification number to determine which product you may need assistance with.
- To provide service to your ZenniHome product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and to deliver updates to your product.
- To monitor your ZenniHome product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
- To deliver any other services you have requested.
- To improve and enhance development of our products and services. We also may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
- To develop and promote new products and services and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Except as described above and below, ZenniHome may use or share non-personally identifiable information for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs and when legally required.
Sharing Your Information. We may share information with: (1) our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf; (2) third parties you authorize; and (3) other third parties as required by law. Some examples of when we may share your information include: payment processing, order fulfillment, product installation, customer service, marketing, financing, service or repair and other similar services.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE, PERIOD.
- With our service providers and business partners. We may share information with our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as the following:
- With our third party service providers and channel partners to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, payment processing, order fulfillment and product installation, wireless connectivity to ZenniHome products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, product design, product diagnostics, maintenance or related services, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, voice command processing and other similar services.
- With repair estimate providers and any insurance company to enable ZenniHome or third party service providers to perform services on your Unit such as repair or maintenance. When you request ZenniHome to perform certain services, we share limited information about you and your Unit with these parties to help provide you with an accurate repair estimate and to facilitate payment. Repair estimate providers may use this information in the aggregate to create and publish industry analytics.
- With other third party business partners to the extent they are involved in the purchase, financing or service of your ZenniHome products. We share limited information from or about you or your ZenniHome products to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance institutions, leasing, registration, title companies, electric utilities, permitting authorities and insurance companies.
- With third parties you authorize. We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our certified installers.
- With third party utilities or energy services companies when you have agreed to allow them to monitor or control your energy product.
- With third party service providers, if you choose to utilize them. Note that some information about you is stored on certain ZenniHome products and may be accessible directly to the third party service centers or providers that you choose to utilize to diagnose or service your ZenniHome product.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions if you elect to participate.
- We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing. If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” to opt out of third party marketing below.
- With third parties when required by law or other circumstances. We may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties in order to comply with a legal obligation (including subpoenas or other court orders); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, ZenniHome, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
We may also share information in other circumstances, such as:
- In some jurisdictions, ZenniHome may participate in government programs relating to environmental standards or the promotion of energy efficiency. ZenniHome’s participation in such programs assists ZenniHome to scale investments and accelerate the development of energy efficient and environmentally friendly products. Participation in some programs may require that ZenniHome share certain limited product information and energy use statistics with government or regulatory agencies as dictated by the terms of these programs, which may include your unit identification number and aggregated data that includes information about energy usage.
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Choice and Transparency. We enable you to access and control the data we collect, use and share from or about you or your use of our products or services, including through device permissions, marketing opt-outs and disabling collection of certain product data.
- Rights and Choices.
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
- Opting out of analytics tools.
- Enabling or disabling the collection and sharing of certain data to support advanced features in your Unit.
- Disabling the collection of performance data from your ZenniHome energy product.
- Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
Electronic communications: If you no longer want to receive promotional-related emails or messages, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in the communication received from us or by changing your communication preferences through the “contact us” link below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages.
Telephone calls or text communications: By providing a cell phone number when placing an order with us, you consent to receive promotional-related text messages that may be sent using automated means from or on behalf of ZenniHome. Your consent to receive these messages is not a condition of any purchase. If you would like to stop receiving promotional-related or automated text messages from us, simply follow the instructions in the text message you received. If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future or if you do not want to receive automated calls from us, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that you may still receive manually placed text messages regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing or automated text messages.
Data privacy requests: In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain data that we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. You have several methods to exercise your rights, including:
- If you would like to exercise your rights in relation to information from or about you, you may do so by submitting a Data Privacy Request or by contacting us as indicated in the “contact us” link below.
- You can access your ZenniHome Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- California Privacy Disclosure. California residents have a right to knowledge, access and deletion of their personal data under the California Consumer Privacy Act. California residents also have a right to opt out of the sale of their personal data by a business and a right not to be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights. ZenniHome does not sell your personal data to anyone for any purpose and does not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests.
ZenniHome provides notice of our data practices in this Privacy Notice. This includes what personal data is collected, the source of the personal data, and the purposes of use, as well as whether ZenniHome discloses that personal data and if so, the categories of third parties to whom it is disclosed. California residents who have purchased a ZenniHome product or service may exercise their rights directly or through an authorized agent by signing in to their ZenniHome account and making a Data Privacy Request. If you are a California resident without a ZenniHome account and you or your authorized agent would like to exercise your privacy rights, requests may also be made by clicking on the “contact us” link below.
If you do not have a ZenniHome account, we may ask you for information we consider necessary to verify your identity for security and to prevent fraud. This information may include name, contact information, and information related to your transaction or relationship with ZenniHome, but the specific information requested may differ depending on the circumstances of your request for your security and to protect privacy rights. If you request deletion of your personal data, please note we will both render certain personal data about you permanently unrecoverable and also de-identify certain personal data.
- Protection of Personal Information. We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “contact us” link below.
Additionally, if you sell or transfer your ZenniHome product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the ZenniHome product.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our software applications or social media pages.
In addition, our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals not provide any information to ZenniHome.
We may rely on various legal grounds to collect, use and otherwise process your information, including: your consent; that the information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; to comply with a legal obligation; to protect yours or someone else’s vital interests; or for a legitimate interest that is balanced against your rights and interests. These legitimate interests may include ZenniHome’s interest in improving its products and services, enhancing safety and security, protecting ZenniHome or its business partners against wrongful conduct and responding to customer inquiries and claims. Where applicable, we will inform you whether and why we need certain information from you, for example, whether we need the information to fulfill a legal or contractual requirement and what the consequences are of not providing the information.